Karen's Adrenal Tea
Here's the recipe 💙
Karen’s Adrenal Tea
1.3 oz Rehmannia (Shu Di Huang)
1/3 cup /.4 oz Pau d Arco
¼ cup / .4 oz Licorice Root
¼ cup / .2 oz Cat’s Claw
Few Slices / .1 -.2 oz Reishi (Mushroom of immortality)
Few Pieces / .1 oz Chaga Mushroom
2 TB Dried Goji Berries
Place all ingredients in a 4-inch mesh tea infuser, add 1 gallon of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool, strain and enjoy! You can use the herbs/mushrooms again for another batch – but I only use 2 quarts of water the second round.
Add honey, raw cacao, coconut milk powder, ¼ cup of nut butter, – really anything if you want and blend. YUM!
Karen’s Adrenal Tea Health Benefits:
REHMANNIA (SHU DI HUANG)
Fun fact: It’s typically a go-to choice for conditions thought to be the result of a yin deficiency.
• Anemia (“tired blood”)
• Allergies (such as atopic dermatitis)
• Adrenal problems
• Curbs hunger
PAU D ARCO
Fun fact: A 2013 study from Brazil reported that lapachol was able to neutralize a number of disease-causing bacteria in the test tube, including Enterococcus faecalis, Staphylococcus aureus, Cryptococcus gatti, and Paracoccidioides brasiliensis. In a review of studies published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology, scientists concluded that the beta-lapachone found in pau d'arco was able to induce apoptosis (programmed cell death) in certain types of cancer cells.
• Protects against inflammation
• Prevent infections including digestive bacteria overgrowth such as fungi and yeast (Anti-microbial)
• Inhibits growth of tumors
• Reduces pain
Folk medicine uses include:
• Reduction of severity of breathing disorders such a asthma and bronchitis.
• Enlarged prostate
• Intestinal worms
• Skin infections
• Urinary tract infections
Fun fact: In traditional Chinese medicine, licorice root is referred to as gan zao. In Ayurvedic medicine, it is called either mulethi or its Sanskrit name yashtimadhu.
• Acid reflux
• Hot flashes
• Bacterial and viral infections
• Canker sores
• Menstrual cramps
• Colorectal cancer
• Hepatitis b and c
• Sore throat
• Reduces fatty liver
• Throat related discomfort from breathing tube or other issues
Fun fact: Cat's claw, also known by its Spanish name Uña de Gato, is sometimes referred to as the "life-giving vine of Peru." Its name is derived from the hook-like thorns that resemble the claws of a cat. It should not be confused with cat's claw acacia, which contains a potentially poisonous cyanide compound. A 2016 study suggested that different strains of cat's claw can kill different types of cancer cells, including those from bladder cancer and glioblastoma, a type of brain cancer.9 This research found that cat's claw doesn't harm healthy cells.
• Boots immune system
• Increases white blood cell count
• Reduces autoimmune such as Rheumatoid arthritis
• Osteoarthritis pain reduced during movement
• Lyme disease
• Breast cancer (in very high doses, it mimics the cytotoxic drug Cytoxan/cyclophosphamide.
• Bladder cancer
RESHI MUSHROOM (MUSHROOM OF IMMORTALITY)
Fun fact: According to the Shen Nong's Ben Cao Jing, one of the oldest Chinese Materia Medicas, "Long term consumption of Reishi mushroom will lighten the body and prevent aging, extend one's life, and make one an immortal."
• Immune modulator
• Nerve tonic and pain reducer
• Stimulates nerve growth
• Hormone balancing
• Heart/cardiovascular health
• Cognitive function
• Boosts memory
• Breast cancer inhibiting
• Enlarged prostate
• Growths in large intestine
• General herpes
• Liver swelling from hep b
• Cold sores
• Genital herpes
• Reduces pain from shingles
• Fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome
(Just for fun, here is the list on webmd because it is one of the most complete I have ever seen when it comes to herbs on a traditional website https://www.webmd.com/.../ingredientmono-905/reishi-mushroom)
Fun fact: Dubbed the “cancer fungus”, this fungus grows on the bark of birch trees in cold climates, like those of Canada, Siberia and Northern Europe.
• Nutrient, mineral and vitamin dense
• Reduces oxidative stress
• Promotes cancer cell self-destruction
• Lowers blood pressure
• Lowers cholesterol
• Supports immune system
• Fights inflammation
• Reduces the effects of chemotherapy
• Intentional health
• Lowers blood sugar
• Cancer preventative and fighting
• Heals liver damage
DRIED GOJI BERRIES
Fun fact: 1 ounce of raw goji berries contains 250% of the daily requirement for vitamin C. Native to China, goji berries (also called Chinese wolfberries) grow on small, thorny shrubs. Cousin to the tomato (and a member of the nightshade family).
• High levels of the antioxidant zeaxanthin which protects the eyes from UV, free radical, and oxidative stress
• Immune supportive
• Fights cancer growth
• Stabilizes blood sugar
• Great for the skin
• Digestive health
• Prevents liver damage
• Weight loss
• Better sleep
*FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY*
Join our Free Community Calls & BODcasts LIVE!
You can join in the conversation, ask questions or just listen - either way you'll learn new things about holistic health, your body, and how much we LOVE your guts!