GET IN THE SUN! It does a body GREAT!
Excerpts from the Sun Chapter in my new book! COMING SOON!
by Karen Urbanek
I was counseling a woman who had come in for help with her 15-year-old daughter. Her daughter had terrible bowels and could not eat anything without getting sick. She had no energy, had been pulled from school, and sat inside on the computer and TV. She had once been active on sports teams and had many friends, but now, she was miserable.
She had been labeled by the doctors with the typical diagnoses of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, but nothing they offered was helping. We talked about diet, how often she was in the sun, walking outside, on the phone, where the smart meter was located, and more.
The mother’s reply took me off guard, “The doctor told her she could not be in the sun as she would get cancer, and she could never walk barefoot again because she would get parasites.”
At times like this I am really glad my liver works! Because had it not been so darn clean, every single chemical in my body would have caused me to EXPLODE! Where was that man!? Where did he practice!? What was he thinking?! Why would he do such a thing to a 15-year-old girl! Hold me down... I am wicked with my vegetables!!
Instead, I simply caught my breath and spoke about atoms. I think that doctor simply forgot we were atomic beings. We talked about negative ions, free radicals, discharging the body, cell receptor sites, and frequencies of thoughts. I encouraged her to start eating vegetables, start on a leaky gut protocol, a candida cleanse, and probiotics.
She was to walk outside, barefoot, each day. I asked them to place the picnic table outside on the grass so she could eat with her feet planted in the grass three times a day. In addition, she needed to start spending much more time under the healing rays of the sun exposing as much skin as possible. Starting with a few minutes, and building up from there.
The TV was to be unplugged, and her computer time was limited to reduce the positive ions plaguing her electrical system. She was to limit cell phone use, and either move her bed away from the wall (to avoid magnetic radiation from electric wiring in wall), and get the home filtered for harmonics (transients). We have seen those GS Filters for dirty electricity make all the difference!
As was expected, her gut healed beautifully, she regained her strength and had energy. She was eating a variety of foods and feeling much better within two months. She was on the road to recovery.
How could she not be? She was eating the most powerful foods and the most powerful source in our atmosphere was healing her one cell at a time!
Remember how the earth is being struck by lightning 100 times a second, charging it? The sun’s rays have the same effect on us! We are the battery being charged by the sun’s rays! The suns vibrational field becomes part of us and enhances the flow of blood, the division of our cells, and so much more.
A TOUCH OF LIGHT HISTORY
From the days of the ancient Greeks, light was considered to be a stream of small particles. The late 1600’s brought forth the theory that light travels in waves rather than a stream of particles. Hundreds of years later, Albert Einstein theorized that light was made from a stream of little packets of energy called photons.
Today’s physicists know that light behaves both as a wave and a particle. The particles (Einstein’s photons) travel in a wave-like pattern at the speed of light. We also understand that this movement of particles, electromagnetic radiation, is all around us. With more and more research, we discover that light is a very complex subject. When light interacts with any material, including bodily tissue, the tissues absorb the little energy particles called photons.
YOUR SKIN HAS THE ABILITY TO TAKE THE PHOTONS OF INFRARED LIGHT FROM THE SUN AND USE THEM TO STIMULATE CELLULAR REGENERATION.
LET’S TALK UV RADIATION
Sunlight is the most common form of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation. You cannot feel UV radiation or even see it. It is the infrared heat from the sun you are feeling.
1.UVA These rays have the longest wavelengths and can penetrate to the middle layer of your skin, called the dermis. UVA may play a much larger role than UVB in photoaging, wrinkles, and skin cancers. Dr. Mercola writes, “Dr. Dianne Godar of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has conducted a study indicating that UVA light -- not the UVB light that causes suntans and allows your body to produce vitamin D -- may be responsible for the melanoma epidemic. What’s more, the UVA light, unlike UVB, can pass through window glass, meaning you can still be exposed to it while you are indoors or in your car.”
2.UVB These rays have a short wavelength that reaches the outer layer of your skin called the epidermis. The sun’s UVB rays are crucial to helping your body produce vitamin D. Think “UVB makes Vitamin D.” Interesting note: Most sunscreens block out UVB rays (the ones that you need for Vitamin D) but do little to nothing to block UVA rays, that cause more cancers.
3.UVC These rays have the shortest wavelengths and are almost all deflected by the earth’s atmosphere back towards the sun. However, because of earth’s diminishing atmosphere, there are some that believe in certain places on the earth, some UVC rays are able to penetrate into our atmosphere.
Infrared heat is also known as radiant heat. Infrared heat is any type of heat you feel from a distance. This heat can be from a fire, a stove, a radiator, another person, an infrared sauna, or the best source – the SUN! Infrared is different from ultraviolet light as it heats objects directly. As we all have experienced, spending time in the sun does heat our body. This infrared heat with infrared light can help you detoxify by bringing toxins to the surface of the body – in your sweat!
Double Bonus! Sun’s LIGHT creates Vitamin D and the HEAT helps us detox! Bring on the Sun!
LET’S TALK ENERGY
The temperature on the sun’s surface is about 10,000° Fahrenheit (5,500° Celsius) and its core is more than 28 million degrees Fahrenheit (15.5 million Celsius). It is a ball of fire! The amount of solar energy that hits the earth each year is 8.2 million quads. Using this quad as an energy unit, note that the total quads used by the entire globe annually is only 400 quads.
The sun is projecting 8.2 million quads of energy our way, and we hide from it.
Something here does not make sense.
ANIMALS DO NOT HIDE FROM THE SUN. PLANTS DO NOT HIDE FROM THE SUN. THE OCEAN DOES NOT HIDE FROM THE SUN. THE TREES DO NOT HIDE FROM THE SUN. THE BIRDS DO NOT HIDE FROM THE SUN. OUR ANCESTORS DID NOT HIDE FROM THE SUN. SO WHAT DOCTOR DECIDED THAT HE/SHE SHOULD TELL PEOPLE TO HIDE FROM THE SUN?
Participate in an experiment with me. Go outside. Close your eyes and stand in the sun. Do you feel it? Do you feel the healing and restorative energy it offers your every cell? Now, I do recommend taking off your clothing so it hits every single cell possible, but the neighbors may talk...so do what you may but get your sunshine! End of experiment.
Our family has always enjoyed a summer’s day on the deck. I remember growing up my mother would always, without fail, sit in the full sun. Dad and I enjoyed the cool shade. We thought she was nuts, but my mother did not have a vitamin D deficiency! She got her sunshine!
HUMANS NEED THE SUN
Dating back 2,000 years, early morning Sun Gazing was used to improve health and eye sight.....
Hormones are dependent on the sun for signals. Your pineal gland, the “third eye,” contains light-sensitive cells activated by sunlight. Sunlight passes into your eyes and runs along a pathway from the retina to the hypothalamus called the retinohypothalamic tract. This light flows through nerve pathways to the pineal gland triggering hormones all day long!
Different light frequency throughout the day = different hormones and neurotransmitter triggered such as melatonin, serotonin, endorphins, folic acid, the protein synthesis of vitamin D, and so much more! The timing of your body’s three cycles, elimination, appropriation, and assimilation, is triggered by the SUN!
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: UVB does not pass through glass. You need direct sunlight. Very little, if any, of the sun’s rays can be absorbed by the eyes if you have glasses on. If you have a difficult time sleeping, it could be because you are not in the sun enough, or wear sunglasses or eyeglasses during the day. The eyes need to be “in tune” with Mother Nature.
I sure wish I had more room in the book to share how to restore your eyesight! The glasses I wore years ago are gone! Just know you can regain a lot, if not all, of your eyesight. A visit with natural specialist in optometry may help you, herbal eye drops, eye exercises used for centuries by other cultures, berries, high-nutrient foods, and even pinhole glasses can all play a key role in strengthening your eyes!
THE SCOOP ON VITAMIN D
Studies on Vitamin D, VDR’s, and the sun have reached an all-time high! Book after book, peer reviewed journal after another, experiments, and scientific studies, are all showing one thing – we NEED Vitamin D! By now you understand cell receptors – they are receptors or antennas that stick out of each cell and theyreceive. Almost every cell in the body has a Vitamin D Receptor, otherwise known as a VDR. Certain more dangerous bacteria have been shown to destroy our VDR, which can cause quite the upset in our cells being able to receive Vitamin D, even if we have enough of it available. The sun’s rays provide D3 which literally fills and heals the distressed VDR. Vitamin DReceptors NEED to be able to receive Vitamin D and escort it into the cell for assimilation and usage by the cell.
Ok, that needed to be explained because study after study refers to our VDR, and a basic explanation was in order!
Everyone loves good research, and by far my favorite researcher on Vitamin D and the Sun is Dr. William Grant. Dr. Grant is an epidemiologist who has written over 140 peer-reviewed articles and editorials on vitamin D and holds a Ph.D. in Physics from UC Berkeley. In a February 2017 issue of Orthomolecular Medicine News, Grant writes, “Research on the health benefits of vitamin D continues at a rapid pace. There were 4,356 papers published in 2015 with vitamin D in the title or abstract, and 4,388 in 2016 according to the listings at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/he continues, ….Solar UVB exposure is the main source of vitamin D for most people. Geographical ecological studies have found lower rates for a number of diseases where solar UVB doses are higher includ[ing] anaphylaxis/food allergy, atopic dermatitis and eczema, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism, back pain, cancer, dental, diabetes mellitus type 1, hypertension, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus, mononucleosis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson disease, pneumonia, rheumatoid arthritis, and sepsis…..The message of sun avoidance must be changed to acceptance of non-burning sun exposure sufficient to achieve [vitamin D] concentrations of 30 ng/mL or higher … and the general benefits of UV exposure beyond those of vitamin D….Also, while intermittent sun exposure is associated with higher rates of skin cancer….the risks of these cancers is dwarfed by the reduced risk of internal cancers from sun exposure."
Disorders Diminished By Regular, Non-Burning Sun Exposure: Acute Lower Respiratory Infection, Anaphylaxis, Anemia Anxiety, Arthritis, Asthma, Atherosclerosis, Auto-Immune Diseases, Bipolar Disorder, Breast Tissue Density, Chronic Pain, Cognitive Decline, Colds, Crohn's Disease, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Dental Caries, Eczema, Epilepsy, ED, Fibromyalgia, Flu, Heart Disease, Heart Failure, High Cholesterol, Hypertension, HIV/AIDS, Compromised Immune System, Infectious Mononucleosis, Infertility, Inflammation, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Insomnia, Kidney Disease, Leprosy, Leukemia, Low-Back Pain, Metabolic Syndrome, Migraines, Mood Disorders, Low Muscle Strength, Multiple Myeloma, Myopia, Obesity, Osteoporosis And Fractures, Parasites, Parkinson's Disease, Periodontal Disease, Peripheral Artery Disease, Preeclampsia, Psoriasis, Rickets, Schizophrenia, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), Sepsis, Septicemia, Soft Tissue Injury, Stroke, Tuberculosis, Ulcerative Colitis and eighteen major types of cancer, including Melanoma.” - Embrace The Sun by Marc Sorenson and Dr. William B. Grant
- Vitamin D plays an essential role in regulating the levels of calcium and phosphate in the body.
- Vitamin D is necessary for healthy cell division. It increases oxygen of the blood and tissues, regulates hormones, relaxes your nerves, and can repair the DNA.
- Vitamin D interacts with more than 2,000 genes!
- Vitamin D plays a crucial role in apoptosis (cell death). It triggers apoptosis in unhealthy or worn out cells. If these cells do not get the signal to die, then they continue to divide! Remember one unhealthy cell = two unhealthy cells….cancer tumors are a result of failed apoptosis.
- Vitamin D deficiency may be a direct result of gut microbe imbalance.
- VDR’s appear on almost every cell in the human body!
- Applying sunscreen can eliminate 99.5% of skin’s Vitamin D production.
- D2 Supplementation? Think again! D2 is far less biologically active than VD3.
- The sun’s rays are an all-natural disinfectant, antiseptic, germicide, and bactericide.
- Glass windows separate the UVB from UVA. Sitting inside receiving hours of sunlight, overexposing the skin to UVA causes skin damage.
- Studies show that getting 2000IU’s-4000IU’s of Vitamin D can cut your cancer risk by 50-60%! There are MANY variants in deciding how much sun time that is, but generally speaking for Caucasian skin that equilibrium is met within 20 minutes of skin exposure. It can take 3-6 times longer for darker skin. This is met when much of the skin is exposed. Suggested exposure should be 3 times a week, according to research.
- Melanomas often occur on areas of the body that receive little to no sun and are more prevalent among those who work inside buildings than outside!
- People working indoors exposed to artificial lighting during the day who had minimal exposure to sunlight, had the highest risk of melanomas and mutations in their cells.
- The sun has a great effect on stamina, fitness and muscular development.
- White blood cells increase with sun exposure.
- Vitamin D from the sun fills VDR and is used to heal tuberculosis (a dangerous bacterial infection that affects the lungs and is easily spread.)
- VDR are at the center of our immune system, which wards off all dis-ease!
4 WAYS TO GET THE VITAMIN D YOUR BODY NEEDS:
- GET NAKED AT NOON! Yes, you read that correctly, the best time for UVB rays to be absorbed by your skin is between 10 am and 2pm.I know I know, that is the time that everyone tells you not to be in the sun, but new research shows us those are the best hours to generate Vitamin D!
Dr. Grant writes, “Our recommendation, this is based on work in England and Norway, and the United States, that the optimal time to be in the sun for vitamin D production is near to solar noon as possible. That would be between say 10:00am and 2:00pm. The reason is two-fold. First of all, you need a shorter exposure time because the UVB is more intense. Now, the second reason is that when the sun goes down towards the horizon, the UVB is filtered out much more than the UVA. And it turns out that the long wave of ultraviolet called UVA, which runs from about 320 to 400 nanometers, is highly correlated with melanoma -- where the UVB is the one that produces the vitamin D, and that’s from 290 to 315 nanometers.” There you have it, your excuse to go outside for lunch and sit in the grass! (and use your fingers to play with your food to start digestion…no one will be watching!)
- SUPPLEMENTATIONIf you choose to use supplementation, use whole food supplements. Make sure to have your vitamin D levels tested regularly. Some recommend 1000 IU of Vitamin D3 per 25 pounds of body weight.
- VIT D BEDA third alternative for vitamin D is to use a system that utilizes UVB rays that help you naturally produce vitamin D. During the fall and winter months, our staff and family enjoy the health benefits of the Vitality Light System from Dr. Mercola.
- EAT IT!Nadine Artemis writes in her book Renegade Beauty,“A recent remarkable study highlights that humans are indeed light harvesters of chlorophyll pigments, and our bodies, through the mantle of melanin, can convert the sun’s light into cellular, mitochondrial energy. Plants can help us with this too; eating plenty of greens helps humans capture sunlight in our cells and translate it into energy via our mighty mitochondria.……We can now add to this knowledge that the consumption of chlorophyll, the green “blood” of verdant plants, makes our mitochondria thrive. We optimize our biological potential nutritionally with leafy greens, green juices, and liquid chlorophyll, as they help us use sunlight as energy in lieu of relying solely on glucose for energy.“
SUNSCREENS and SPF
Let’s talk SPF. An SPF is a measure of how much UV radiation is blocked by a product. SPF 4 blocks 75% of UV radiation and equals about 45 minutes of sun exposure, SPF 15 94%, SPF 30 blocks 97%, and SPF 40 blocks 98%. Anything above only offers a higher price tag and minimal (1%) additional protection. Save your skin the added toxins!
We know sunscreens are hazardous to humans and the oceans. Scientific studies confirm oxybenzone, octinoxate, benzophenone, and butylparaben, all used in common sunscreens, are entering our oceans killing and bleaching the earths coral reefs. By the average of 14,000 tons a year.
Our family uses and recommends raw coconut oil, jojoba oil, extra virgin olive oil, sea buckthorne, and raspberry seed oil can have a SPF of 25! it can absorb both UVB and UVC rays while scattering UVA. Add THAT to your coconut or olive oil! Essential oils we also recommend and use in sunscreens are...
Ok - thats all I can share! Watch for my new book soon!
Join our Free Community Calls & BODcasts LIVE!
You can join in the conversation, ask questions or just listen - either way you'll learn new things about holistic health, your body, and how much we LOVE your guts!